MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

World Clock

Please. Let's Not Forget...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Please. Let's Not Forget...

Post by (A/229) BBall on Fri 12 Sep 2014 - 0:26

Good morning gentlemen,

Thirteen years ago at this moment, I had just returned from dropping my youngest daughter at her Day Care Center (literally her first day of school), and was greeted by horror when I walked in the door. A LAN group mate of mine was on the phone telling me that an airplane had just flown into the World Trade Center, and was asking me how that could happen. I turned on the television, just as United flight 175 impacted the second tower. I told him, “Olie, this is terrorism, these were not accidents, I’ll call you later.”

As with all of (sane) humanity, I spent the next several days with a sick feeling in my stomach (and my heart and soul). I penned an article for “Frugalsworld” about what it was like to be an airline pilot on the days following this horrific day in history.

It seems that almost EVERYTHING about being a pilot in my industry changed that day. Some of the changes were brilliant, some were amazingly idiotic, but in the end... evil has to be dealt with by any means necessary.

Please, let’s all take a moment today to remember the victims of this horrific act, and to give support (and prayers) to those still “on the ramparts” keeping us safe from this plague.

BBall
(A/229) BBall
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Rated Senior Aviator
Chief Warrant Officer 4 Rated Senior Aviator

No. of Flights: : since 1973? are you kidding me? oh, you mean FLIGHT SIM flights!
Killed In Action: : is a zillion too many times?
Slick No. of landings: : you mean the ones I walked away from?
CAS Tanks destroyed: : not many.
CAS Vehicules destroyed: : more than the tanks.
CAS Bunkers destroyed: : have no idea! were they selling beer there?

Back to top Go down

Re: Please. Let's Not Forget...

Post by (B/229) Razorback on Fri 12 Sep 2014 - 5:21

Nice spoken BBall.

Those images of the two towers collapsing are branded in my mind. We saw the reports on TV, can't even imagine how it must have felt for someone to witness these events on the scene. Last year when we visited New York we just had to spent time at the 9/11 Memorial. It was so unreal being there.
(B/229) Razorback
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Rated Senior Aviator
Chief Warrant Officer 3 Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top