» Fly Mi-8 on missions?
Yesterday at 15:24 by (A/229) Huckleberry

» Request to Join
Mon 20 Nov 2017 - 23:18 by (A/229) Chic

» X-Plane 11
Wed 15 Nov 2017 - 21:42 by (B/229) Cib

» Strait of Hormuz Map
Tue 14 Nov 2017 - 8:16 by (B/229) groundhog

» just Checking in...Apologies for UA...
Mon 13 Nov 2017 - 8:24 by (A/229) stingray

» Pimax 8k Vr Review
Sun 12 Nov 2017 - 0:03 by (D/229) Flubber

» Request to join
Sat 11 Nov 2017 - 0:29 by (B/229) Survival

» For When We Fly Missions
Fri 10 Nov 2017 - 3:11 by (D/229) Flubber

November 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

World Clock

Official Mods for the 229th

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Official Mods for the 229th

Post by (C/229) Highway on Sat 8 Oct 2016 - 17:54

These mods are the officially sanctioned mods for use on the 229th servers. All members should have these mods installed and ready for any operations.

Please note that the method of installation for this mod has changed, and no longer uses JSGME as it does not replace or insert itself into the DCS folder any longer. This mod now goes into your 'Saved Games\DCS' folder. This way there is no conflict with the original DCS files, and your client will not fail the integrity check when joining a Multi-Player server.

Please remove any existing objects mods from JSGME prior to installing this package.

To install the mod, open the zip file linked below once it has downloaded. Inside you should find a folder called 'Mods' simply extract or copy this folder from the zip to your 'C:\Users\your name\Saved Games\DCS' folder.

It should look like this:

The mod is now installed and will be loaded by DCS when the simulation starts.

Download the mod here, it currently supports ALL versions of DCS, just place it into the folder for each version of DCS in your Saved Games folder on your computer.
229th Official Objects Mod 1.3

1.4 released 20th Mar 2017.  See this post http://1stcavdiv.conceptbb.com/t2120-official-mods-for-the-229th#22231 below...

Changelog
Official
- 1.2 - Adds Upuaut's Wolf series of vehicles
- 1.3 - Removes Beczl's vehicles that no longer work after 1.5.5, tidies up a couple of duplicate entries
- 1.4 released...
Optional
-- Adds WWII BMW Motorcyle & Sidecar for Germany
-- Adds WWII Savoia-Marchetti SM.79 Sparviero for Italy & Spain

Notes
Prior versions need to be removed before adding 1.3, delete the 1.2 folder from your Saved Games from inside the DCS XX\mods\tech folder.

Skins Mods
229th Combined Skins Mod Rotor Wing 1.0
- New Skins for SA342 by Strut and Sleipner Added to all version of the SA342
Updated 1 MAY 2017

Last edited by (C/229) Highway on Tue 20 Dec 2016 - 19:25; edited 2 times in total

Company Commander
Rated Senior Aviator
Captain Company Commander Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Mods for the 229th

Post by (D/229) Gizzy on Wed 14 Dec 2016 - 11:30

In case anybody has issues downloading from OneDrive, you can try them from Google Drive below;

!.3 standard...
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7FaeRwacSmPQXNEUmRycVk0MFk

1.2 optional,,,
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7FaeRwacSmPZHZjYXZRQjF3eUU

The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination - Albert Einstein
(D/229) Gizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by (C/229) Highway on Tue 20 Dec 2016 - 19:25

Added a new version of the Optional Mod that contains all of the WWII mods.

229th Optional Mod 1.3

Changelog
-- Adds WWII BMW Motorcyle & Sidecar for Germany under unarmed

-- Adds WWII Savoia-Marchetti SM.79 Sparviero as an AI bomber for Italy & Spain

Company Commander
Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (D/229) Gizzy on Tue 20 Dec 2016 - 20:01

The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination - Albert Einstein
(D/229) Gizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by (D/229) Gizzy on Sat 18 Mar 2017 - 7:43

Some objects in the current 229th Mod Pack installed via the Saved Games folder appear to have issues with the current DCS version.

I found that some of the 476th Range Objects & Upuauts objects are defective in display or operation... i.e. some range targets display inside the cockpit and the MG_Nest does not track nor fire correctly. Current versions if installed via JSGME appear good.

476th RO latest release is dated 17th Feb 2017and Upauats is 27th Feb 2017...

I checked the lua files with the MG_Nest of both versions and they appear the same so it may a 'saved games' issues as well as some updates elsewhere...

I know that another squad that used the 'saved games' method for some objects had to revert to JSMGE method at the beginning of the year..

Maybe an idea to have 476th & Upuaut direct linked to source as DCS continues to evolve...

@Highway... any thing I can to do just help... just shout!

(D/229) Gizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by (C/229) Highway on Sun 19 Mar 2017 - 12:40

Just got my computer back this weekend, so I'm playing the fun 'Reinstall everything from scratch' game more or less.

Haven't even run DCS since the Coolant pump decided to empty the contents of the coolant reservoir all over the Motherboard and my GTX 1080 but I'm in the process of getting back on my feet.

If the Battalion wishes to move back to the JSGME method, that is no issue, but it was at the battalions request that we moved to the Saved Games method in order to avoid having to remove mods via JSGME in order to play on servers with Integrity checks.

@Gizzy If you want to go ahead and build a new JSGME package, please feel free to do so as I doubt I'll be on top of things before next weekend...

Company Commander
Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (D/229) Gizzy on Sun 19 Mar 2017 - 19:55

(C/229) Highway wrote:@Gizzy If you want to go ahead and build a new JSGME package, please feel free to do so as I doubt I'll be on top of things before next weekend...

Thanks for coming back Highway.... I understand and are very thankful for your skilled work and time given in putting together and maintaining the Battalion MODS pack in the 'no hassle' saved games folder format.

With the constant evolving DCS environment the MODS are easily broken and this does cause a lot of work your side fixing things let alone monitoring what fixes or issues are reported to the original MOD authors.

I cant speak for the Battalion but until DCS in all it's variants is successfully merged in a stable DCS 2.5 I personally would suggest reverting to JSGME (or OVGME - which is also good) and to have several separate current MODS packs making up the Essential 229th MODS.  

This would allow individual package updating when updates are released by the MOD authors and keep download bandwidth / time to a minimum.

I do know that some other virtual communities have had to revert to JSGME from the 'saved games' method to maintain MODS reliability.

For simplicity until DCS 2.5 comes I would suggest separate packs:

• 476th Range Objects
  • Upauts Addons Tents, Watchtower, UH-1-Cargo, etc...
  • Ranger79's mod pack

Yes, I can (...will / happy to..) co-ordinate, put together, host & signpost them as well as monitoring the DCS forums for any issues and put in place updates or fixes as and when DCS breaks them.... but do not want to step on toes etc.. ever mindful of independent action and politics I'll hold off until a nod or direction is given by someone in HHC or by all Coy Commanders - if this suggestion is indeed a Battalion consensus..

(D/229) Gizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by (D/229) Gizzy on Sun 19 Mar 2017 - 22:53

@ Highway

Went back and did a re-take...

These updated MODS can be used via the saved games folder if system integrity is important for some and appear to work fine.. They can be a simple paste in and updates from whoever the author is can be a simple over write and done in stages. Keeping them in separate original folders would negate editing the master entry.lua and changing / editing the file structure perhaps make servicing easier although it is just a different way of it - a mute point...

Upuarts Huey Cargos, external tanks and hospital + some helipads need JSGME style installation and will RED the integrity check.

There will be some objects from the current MODS missing, such as FARP camp etc... but we could bundle then into a separate folder in a similar fashion if that makes sense...

Anyone, let me know or what ever suits...

(D/229) Gizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by (C/229) Highway on Sun 19 Mar 2017 - 23:10

Fine with me Gizzy, with my new job and getting the new system up and running, time is a little poor right now, so please feel free to take the reigns, happy to pass them over if you have the time.

Company Commander
Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

229th Standard Objects Mods 1.4

Post by (D/229) Gizzy on Mon 20 Mar 2017 - 11:35

OK... Done.

Server integrity check is green.

Upuauts, Ranger79, 476th Range & Lilkikki MODS updated and known defective MODS are now working.    

I used a batch process which threw in a few extras such as armed humvees etc...  Main lua file updated to activate them.  

See Upuaut's DCS Forum pages for full details.  (The cargo requires JSGME for scripts so these were not included)

DCS installed Icon for the 229th & 476th titles changed to reflect date stamp 20MAR17.

Appeared backward compatible with older mission on the servers.  

New missions written require the updated MOD - 1.4 - upgrade when suitable...

The zipped file is compressed using 7z, a very good small free compression utility.  File size is 50% smaller compared to 'windows zip'.  You will need it to unzip the file.  Download here http://www.7-zip.org/ it's free and no spam or hidden installs etc...

Method:

Go to your saved games folder DCS/Mods/tech/ and delete the old 229th standard objects & 476 range targets Folders... unzip the new ones and pop them in.

Start DCS and check that the icons on the botton line are correct...

Done.  Any issues shout, PM or TS and we will get you sorted.

Get it here....   Exclamation  (829Mb)  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FaeRwacSmPdVAtbFZwbUFWMkE/view?usp=sharing

(D/229) Gizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by (HHC/229) GunfighterSIX on Tue 2 May 2017 - 7:50

Skins Mods
229th Combined Skins Mod Rotor Wing 1.0
- New Skins for SA342 by Strut and Sleipner Added to all version of the SA342
Updated 1 MAY 2017

Battalion Standardization Instructor Pilot
Rated Master Aviator
Chief Warrant Officer 4  Battalion Standardization Instructor PilotRated Master Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top