December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

World Clock

Ditching the Oculus

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ditching the Oculus

Post by (A/229) Utley on Wed 18 Jan 2017 - 1:00

Anyone wants to place bids on it, I have it up on Ebay. Ive had nothing but a love-hate relationship with it, and right now I need physical therapy more than I need this headset.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/112271224048?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Also most likely going to have to give up flight simming for a while, I might have to take a forced medical retirement and might not be able to participate as much as I want to.
(A/229) Utley
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Rated Senior Aviator
Chief Warrant Officer 4 Rated Senior Aviator

No. of Flights: : Lots
Killed In Action: : Lots more
Slick No. of landings: : all of them

Back to top Go down

Re: Ditching the Oculus

Post by (B/229) IJammer on Wed 18 Jan 2017 - 2:07

Sorry to hear that Utley... I hope you can resolve some of your medical problems so that you can feel comfortable with your sim participation. Also, don't stay away from this here forum; your knowledge is too valuable to lay dormant... I certainly appreciate all the help and advice I have received from you and the other guys on here ^
(B/229) IJammer

Back to top Go down

Post by (D/229) Gizzy on Wed 18 Jan 2017 - 2:17

Sorry to hear that UT... but I understand the issues with the Rift - sure I fired mine back after a week mainly due to glasses incompatibility...

+1 on IJammers post... You're handy with the guns, I had half hoped you could be enticed over to the dark side, you know the bunch of misfits with the D prefix..

The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination - Albert Einstein
(D/229) Gizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by (A/229) Utley on Wed 18 Jan 2017 - 2:23

I perfer gunships, Gizz. Right now I have to do some lifestyle changes to make life a little more comfy for me and hopefully doesnt involve getting rid of my cockpit setup. l love my obutto, but its a PITA to keep climbing in and out of on a daily basis. Hell, I have to give up my motorcycle Sad
(A/229) Utley
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (D/229) Gizzy on Wed 18 Jan 2017 - 2:30

(A/229) Utley wrote:... Hell, I have to give up my motorcycle Sad

That's Bad! Went through the same myself a few years back. If it back related, and if you can, consider something like a DXRacer King, totally adjustable and comfortable for back probs... couldn't recommend it enough that way... just a thought.

The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination - Albert Einstein
(D/229) Gizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by (A/229) Utley on Wed 18 Jan 2017 - 2:36

I have something very similar to that, its an AKRacing seat. Problem is that it wont fit on the obutto, and my obutto seat aint all that comfortable either.
(A/229) Utley
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (B/229) IJammer on Wed 18 Jan 2017 - 5:28

My first flight and car and sims were at a desk some twenty five years ago... I then built a car-sim cockpit which has served me well over the years and I will continue to use it for sim-car racing now and again; but it is awkward to get in and out of and I ain't getting any younger. So with my last PC build I have moved the flight sim stuff back to a modified music studio desk and chair, much more comfortable for my old bones Smile  It seems to be taking me for ever to do the change over... but these days I tend to do less stuff more slowly LOL

I sold my Kawasaki trail bike eighteen months ago after hitting a patch of diesel on a rounderbout and nearly ending up under an eighteen wheeler; I thought... "That's it, I'm done with bikes!"  I'm too old to be doing foot down and opposite lock slides, d'oh!

I am sure you will modify, or sort something out that suits you Utley... good luck anyhow.
(B/229) IJammer

Back to top Go down

Post by (D/229) Xtra on Wed 18 Jan 2017 - 5:38

Yeah hopefully you can get back up with us pretty soon. Take care and do keep in touch

Company Commander
Instructor Pilot
Rated Master Aviator
Major Company Commander Instructor Pilot Rated Master Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (A/229) Comanchero86 on Wed 18 Jan 2017 - 9:11

If eBay doesn't work out I have a barely used DJI Phantom 3 Standard drone to trade. Seriously though, best thoughts for a less painful back. I'm new here and it seems like you are a great contributor to our group. Hate to see your contributions side tracked by illness.
(A/229) Comanchero86

Back to top Go down

Post by (A/229) Utley on Wed 18 Jan 2017 - 10:43

Im not leaving anytime soon, Ill be around. Im just in a limited capacity right now. Ive had this back injury for over 17 years now, its just getting to the point where I cant work anymore. You know life is getting hard when your doctor tells you that you are perfectly healthy for a 60 year old man and you havent hit 40 yet...
(A/229) Utley
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (B/229) Salty on Wed 18 Jan 2017 - 18:29

Sorry to hear. I got also back pains from Playseat+Huey configuration. Seems that helicopter seat design does not focus on ergonomics. Here is a forum link where real helo pilots complain how bad are helo seat and how they get there back pains.

http://www.pprune.org/archive/index.php/t-170742.html

(B/229) Salty
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Rated Aviator
Chief Warrant Officer 2 Rated Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (B/229) IJammer on Thu 19 Jan 2017 - 0:40

Thanks for that link Salty... blimey, don't helicopter pilots moan a lot Smile Probably with good cause though...

I use a KAB Executive leather seat I purchased used (in A1 nick) from a local second-hand office supplies company for £45. Great seat with lumber air control and adjustable in just about every direction you can think of... even the arms can be tilted up out of the way and can be adjusted for height.

[img][/img]
(B/229) IJammer

Back to top Go down

Post by (HHC/229) GunfighterSIX on Thu 19 Jan 2017 - 18:22

Sorry to hear about your troubles! I hope things get better soon and your able to stick around.

Battalion Standardization Instructor Pilot
Rated Master Aviator
Chief Warrant Officer 4  Battalion Standardization Instructor PilotRated Master Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top