August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics

The Huey is Alive

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Huey is Alive

Post by (A/229) Comanchero86 on Mon 20 Mar 2017 - 10:18

We are finishing up our annual Phase Maintenance of our Huey. Finished the MOC of all components changed or removed and reinstalled. Both rotors tracked and balanced this weekend. Next is test flight before declaring operational for our airshow season.
The reason I bring this up is because I've been asked twice by our members here how the DCS sim compares with the real aircraft. I pretty much prevaricated when I answered the question. I struggled with the answer because for the most part, the dynamics of the sim are pretty good when compared to the real deal. So what is the difference? The difference is this...When the aircraft is sitting on the hangar floor, it is pretty much a inert thing. We work on the object. But last week when we first pulled the  trigger to start the L13B, you could literally feel the aircraft come alive. It shuddered and vibrated and just seemed to be this living thing. Yes, my description is visceral, but anyone who is associated with the real aircraft knows what I'm saying. The thought of, "Welcome back old girl!" Just kept running through my mind. The difference between flying the sim and the real aircraft is that the feeling that the aircraft is alive is missing. Perhaps those that have raced cars and now sim race know what what I'm trying to say. Hopefully I've expressed my thoughts adequately, Comanchero
(A/229) Comanchero86

Back to top Go down

Re: The Huey is Alive

Post by (D/229) Gizzy on Mon 20 Mar 2017 - 22:03

(A/229) Comanchero86 wrote:....Hopefully I've expressed my thoughts adequately, Comanchero

Without a doubt Comanchero... great explanation...

Maybe we need one of these....

Chic, you would look good in one of these... Smile
(D/229) Gizzy
First Lieutenant
Company XO
Unit Training Officer
Rated Senior Aviator
First Lieutenant Company XO Unit Training Officer  Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (A/229) Chic on Tue 21 Mar 2017 - 7:31

My Man!!

(A/229) Chic
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Rated Senior Aviator
Unit Trainer
Chief Warrant Officer 3 Rated Senior Aviator Unit Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by (A/229) Rob on Tue 21 Mar 2017 - 10:29

Omg!! That is hilarious
(A/229) Rob

Back to top Go down

Post by (A/229) Trip on Sat 6 May 2017 - 20:57

Hey, I recognize that rig!  Also, it's now undergoing a Huey conversion, who knew?  

Today is my Birthday, and I completely bankrupted us for the month buying myself (with wife's blessing) an awesome gift!  Check it out!  My ebay purchase Every time I look at the listing I get giddy and have to do the snoopy dance.

Now we just have to survive for about 30 days on water and ramen. =D

And yes, the Huey a lot closer to alive with 6DOF motion and 4x Aura ST's running on SimShaker for Aviators.

(A/229) Trip

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top