September 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

My DCS Harrier video...

Go down

My DCS Harrier video...

Post by (A/229) BBall on Sun 3 Dec 2017 - 0:15

Greetings fellow aviators!!!

Sorry for the absence, but I've been on the road for the last month or so. A 12 work trip to Asia, home a couple of days, off to Okinawa to meet our new grandson (awesome experience!), then home for 2 days and back on the road toward Tokyo today! Sometimes, I have to look at the phone book after I wake up to see what city I'm in! Oh well...

Got home last Wednesday after a 12 hour flight in from Tokyo, just in time to see that DCS (and Razbam) had (early) released the Harrier! I've had my panties in a wad over this one for quite some time, so I downloaded it, spent about four hours getting to know her (she can be a fickle bitch!...lol), then spent Thursday/Friday making a video. It has no combat, for (IMHO) if ever there existed a machine that one MUST learn to fly it before one learns to fight it...this is the one! It's an amazing effort by those great folks at Razbam, and I can't wait to fly with you guys online. Did I say fly? I meant...can't wait to ball one up into a flaming pile of teeth, hair and eyeballs...lol!

Hope you enjoy the movie (as always...I highly recommend: full screen, 1080 HD, and TURN UP THE VOLUME!) Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoRz2DWuaN8&t=20s&pbjreload=10

And for those of you that are suffering that WAY ANNOYING "HTML 5" browser incompatibility issue with those idiots over at YouTube...

https://vimeo.com/245482554

Have a great day all!
(A/229) BBall
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Rated Senior Aviator
Chief Warrant Officer 4 Rated Senior Aviator

No. of Flights: : since 1973? are you kidding me? oh, you mean FLIGHT SIM flights!
Killed In Action: : is a zillion too many times?
Slick No. of landings: : you mean the ones I walked away from?
CAS Tanks destroyed: : not many.
CAS Vehicules destroyed: : more than the tanks.
CAS Bunkers destroyed: : have no idea! were they selling beer there?

Back to top Go down

Re: My DCS Harrier video...

Post by (B/229) Cib on Sun 3 Dec 2017 - 0:50

Cheers BBALL I will check it out after the football. PS have you ever thought it would be easier for you to move to Japan Smile
(B/229) Cib
Captain
Company Commander
Rated Senior Aviator
Captain Company Commander Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (C/229)Samri on Sun 3 Dec 2017 - 8:26

Nice one (as usual) B......
Perfect backing tracks for the tricky bits.
Can't wait to get home and have a crack!!
(Typical life of an airline pilot - away for the birthdays, Xmas and new DCS releases, hey!)

Thanks for the teaser mate Smile
(C/229)Samri
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Instructor Pilot
Rated Master Aviator
Chief Warrant Officer 4  Instructor Pilot Rated Master Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (HHC/229) flyer on Sun 3 Dec 2017 - 12:25

Nicley done BBall...love the backtracks...check center line on landing...Wink...awesome
(HHC/229) flyer
Major
S1
Instructor Pilot
Rated Master Aviator
Major S1 Instructor Pilot Rated Master Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (A/229) BBall on Sun 3 Dec 2017 - 13:22

Hey guys,

Cib…nah. My first trip to Japan was waay back in 1985 as a “new hire” pilot for Northwest Orient Airlines. I was a brand new Boeing 747-200 Flight Engineer, and it was like landing on Mars. Back in those days, no English signs anywhere, no English menus at restaurants, no English television…if I didn’t have the little “man/woman” signs, I would’ve had NO IDEA where to go for a public bathroom. Much different now…English everywhere.

Two reason why I’d never live there. First, we loving refer to “Dia Nippon” as the “land of no plan-B”. Plan-B is to keeping working Plan-A until Plan-A works…inflexible doesn’t even begin to describe their culture. Lovely people; love them to death, but for the life of me, after 2 weeks working with: ticket agents, mechanics, dispatchers, ATC…I’m ready to pull (what’s left of my) hair out by the roots. As “Yanks”, we revel in our ability to affix a solution to a problem (the ol’ shake and bake method), and they recoil at the thought. Again, wonderful folks, amazing culture, but still (after 30+ years) a mystery to me.

And secondly, if they’d allow me to have 20 secluded acres where I could: drink beer, play my music loud, shoot my guns and run around naked on my back deck (I know…ugly visual, right?), then “maybe”. But I don’t see it happening anytime soon. Until then, I’ll just fly my monthly trips, suffer jet lag (and brain damage), bitch and moan, and be one happy mofo.

Samri…AGREED! If I had a dollar for every holiday, birthday, dance recital, hockey game, horse event, and YES EVEN FLIGHT SIM RELEASE that I’ve missed over the years, I’d make Bill Gates look like a pauper. I’ve also been gone during sickness, and (yes) even deaths in the family. Those days are brutally bad, and it’s then that I question my career choice. However, having the ability to (for ALMOST nothing) travel the world (and do things like hold my new grandbaby) makes it all worth it…but then I’m telling you something you already know. Thanks for the kind words regarding the Jump Jet….good luck on your first sortie!

FLYER! Thanks! If you don't like Skynyrd and/or Styxk...then resign from the human race...am I right? Centerline? I was just happy as hell to have it on the boat! (I SWEAR I got the basket on the first attempt...that's NEVER happened before...but the trap was well...suffice to say NOT my first try...LOL!  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  )

later my bruthas!
(A/229) BBall
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Rated Senior Aviator
Chief Warrant Officer 4 Rated Senior Aviator

No. of Flights: : since 1973? are you kidding me? oh, you mean FLIGHT SIM flights!
Killed In Action: : is a zillion too many times?
Slick No. of landings: : you mean the ones I walked away from?
CAS Tanks destroyed: : not many.
CAS Vehicules destroyed: : more than the tanks.
CAS Bunkers destroyed: : have no idea! were they selling beer there?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum