Latest topics
» Passing through Albuquerque, New Mexico...
Sun 20 Jan 2019, 11:28 by (B/229) MemphisBelle

» B Co AVIATOR WINGS AWARDED
Sat 19 Jan 2019, 20:43 by (A/229) Huckleberry

» Request to join
Sat 19 Jan 2019, 15:10 by (A/229) Chic

» microHELIS.de UH-1 Collective and Cyclic
Tue 15 Jan 2019, 06:07 by (A/229) nrgy

» Vietnam 8mm
Sun 13 Jan 2019, 10:53 by (B/229) LATEO

» Tom foolery
Sat 12 Jan 2019, 18:28 by (B/229) Flick

» D Coy (Aerial Weapons) RATED
Thu 10 Jan 2019, 12:56 by (D/229) Chalky

» Request to Join
Sun 06 Jan 2019, 21:51 by (B/229) MemphisBelle

» B-105 Test Video
Tue 01 Jan 2019, 18:02 by (HHC/229) GunfighterSIX

January 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Intro by Guy (Golf-Uniform-Yankee)

Go down

Intro by Guy (Golf-Uniform-Yankee)

Post by (B/229) BlindDog on Tue 25 Dec 2018, 11:25

Greetings one and all.

Thanks for my acceptance into this team / group, I am looking forward to flying with you all ASAP!

I am a 49-year-old male from Cornwall in the UK. I do not work anymore as I have had 5 strokes in as many years.

As such I get to spend most my day in FSX (not so much anymore), X-Plane and now DCS - I'm also on Facebook a lot assisting others.

I was a Senior Software Engineer for over 30 years of which 20 were at BAE SYSTEMS where I wrote the S/W for HUDs (F-5, F-16, C-17, Eurofighter), HDDs/MFDs (EH-101, Tornado GR4), the Terrain Referenced Navigation (TRN) for Tornado GR4 in Gulf Wars 1 and 2, the "Glass Cockpit" for the UK Replacement Attack Helicopter - Cobra Venom, and for my sins the FCC (Fly-By-Wire) for the Boeing 777. I am also a Windows / Web / .NET S/W engineer having written many Windows and Web-based ASP apps. Now all I do his hack-the-hell out sims to get the best GFX out them Smile

Hardware wise I have two X-52 Pro Joysticks (one modded without any springs for helicopters) and an X-52 Pro Throttle along with Thrustmaster Pedals and TrackIR.

I have real-life experience flying Schleicher ASK-21 gliders, Dehavilland Chipmunks, Scottish Aviation Bulldogs and Bell 206B Jet Ranger III.

I'm now stuck on the ground and using X-Plane and DCS as my primary sims but have over 12 years on FSX.

Grab me for a chat on Facebook anytime Wink

Best regards,
Guy
(B/229) BlindDog
(B/229) BlindDog

Back to top Go down

Re: Intro by Guy (Golf-Uniform-Yankee)

Post by (C/229) Space Cadet on Tue 25 Dec 2018, 11:52

Hi Guy, welcome mate. I’m relatively new here as well, you’ll find the guys all really friendly and super helpful, so I’m sure you’ll enjoy yourself here.

Being from the UK, you will be in B company, which is our most active group.

The instructors and senior guys all monitor this page, so it won’t be long before someone comes along and gets you started. Usually within a few hours but being Xmas might be a tad longer.

I see you on Discord, which is where we all hang out.

We use the Beta version of DCS so if you don’t have that installed you could start with that to get the ball rolling. We also use TeamSpeak for chatting and simple radio for missions. Sounds like you’re probably all over this with your background mate.

Anyway, just hang tight and it won’t be long before you’re up in the big blue with the 229th, look forward to having a fly with you soon mate.

Ava Good’n, John (AKA Space Cadet, Australia)
(C/229) Space Cadet
(C/229) Space Cadet
Warrant Officer 1
Rated Aviator
Warrant Officer 1 Rated Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (A/229) Huckleberry on Tue 25 Dec 2018, 14:40

Nice creds GUY. Welcome to the 229th. Also have a merry Christmas!

(A/229) Huckleberry
(A/229) Huckleberry
Second Lieutenant
Company XO
Rated Senior Aviator
Second Lieutenant Company XO Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (B|D/229) Gizzy on Tue 25 Dec 2018, 19:45

Hi GUY, welcome aboard Sir.. Very Happy .

PM inbound.

Assigned to B Company.

(B|D/229) Gizzy
(B|D/229) Gizzy
Captain
Company Commander
Unit Training Officer
Rated Senior Aviator
Captain Company Commander  Unit Training Officer Rated Senior Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (C/229) Frenchy on Wed 26 Dec 2018, 08:55

Hey Guy, glad you made it on here (I'm Damien from facebook) and hopefully the peanut gallery here has been pretty nice to you so far.

I saw your post about callsign length and I hate to day it but hacker came straight to my mind after reading your credentials. Very corny and cliche but isn't that the point? Anyways, Im sure someone else will chime in with a better idea.

(C/229) Frenchy
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Rated Aviator
Chief Warrant Officer 2 Rated Aviator

Back to top Go down

Post by (B/229) BlindDog on Fri 28 Dec 2018, 01:45

Many thanks gents for all your words of welcome, it has been a busy couple of days getting everything I need downloaded, inspected and installed - once a"hacker" always a "hacker", I just needs to takes a wee peek under the hood of everything!!!

With regard to callsign you may now refer to me as "BlindDog" - well after 5 strokes what can you expect!!! I can laugh about it so hope you SEE the funny side, oh and don't worry - my eyesight is not so bad that I will be bumping into any of you when in formation and I can still see well enough to hit a barn door at 100 feet... with my gunship - literally Wink

All being well I will be flying with you all soon, Space Cadet and I have been chatting on the Discord server so all is well there but I need to update my DCS to the "beta" as I am not having visibility in DCS to the 229 MP servers. He and I will then do a couple of test flights together to ensure I have everything (Mods etc.) installed correctly before I join you all properly.

Well, that just leaves me to thank you all again and in particular Gizzy and Space for all your help over this busy Xmas period.

See ya soon guys,
BlindDog.
(B/229) BlindDog
(B/229) BlindDog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down